Lack of sleep, too much stress, hustle, crazy schedule, being in “GO MODE” – It’s not rocket science that none of this is great for your health. You may be chipping away at your immune system without even knowing it by having the push through it mentality. That is exactly what has happened to me.
These things leave you feeling run down and often lead to getting sick. For me, it sucked out my energy and caused me to lose my voice. So what can you do to help you avoid your immune system power down?
1. Get enough rest. Knowing when to slow down & learn to say NO to things that don’t serve you. Go to bed a bit earlier or even take a nap.
2. Stick to a regular balanced healthy diet.
3. Get active with regular exercise.
4. Get a handle on stress through dancing, meditation, affirmations, task organization and visualization.
5. Be alert and mindful of staying squeaky clean inside and out. Wash your hands. Take zinc. Practice good whole body health and hygiene.
Today I took my own advice and took a 2 hour nap and said NO to everything that I knew could wait until tomorrow. I ate well and got some exercise to keep my body on a path toward healing. I think a Epsom salt bath with essential oils is also in order this evening.
Share this with a friend who you think may be unintentionally powering down their immune system during this crazy and busy time of year, as a reminder to MIND YOURSELF before anyone else.