I made these Zucchini Fries the other day as part of my low fodmap meal and they were DELISH! I loved them. I tried them in ranch but prefer to have them with the marinara sauce. It was really easy and quick. Enjoy and let me know what you think!
What you need
• 3 small zucchini, or 2 large
• 1 cup panko crumbs
• 2 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
• ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
• 2 eggs (you can use oil if you don’t want to use the egg)
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. Start by cutting your zucchini. Cut off each end. Then cut the zucchini in half and then lengthwise. Set one piece on its end and cut it in half lengthwise. Cut that half in half. Cut that half in half. Stack the planks on top of each other and cut into strips. Lightly sprinkle with salt.
3. Combine panko crumbs, italian seasoning, and shredded parmesan cheese in a shallow pie dish.
4. Whisk the egg together and working in batches dip each zucchini strip into the egg and coat well in panko mixture.
5. Set on a the cookie sheet. Bake for 12-15 until lightly brown. Can be dipped in marinara sauce, ranch, or your favorite dipping sauce.