Yummy breakfast fit for a a competitor, athlete, kids, or just because. My belly is full and Audrey loved them. So good. They are part of the 21 Day Fix Extreme meal plan. If I was to UNCLEAN them a bit I would have added a dash of natural sweetener to the batter. I puréed the raspberries and blackberries to make a syrup so they were plenty sweet enough. The recipe yields 5 pancakes. 2 is a serving size!! Hope you like them. . Feel free to share. Leave a little comment and like too if you are gonna try them or if you already have. ENJOY!
What you need:
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup raw cashews
1 dash Himalayan salt (or sea salt)
1 large egg
1 Tbsp. coconut oil, melted
1⅓ cups distilled water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1¾ cup mixed berries
What you do:
1. Place oats, cashews, and salt in food processor or blender; pulse until coarsely ground.
2. Add egg, oil, water, and extract; pulse until well blended. Batter will be thick, but if it is as thick as paste add 2 to 3 additional Tbsp. of water.
3. Heat medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
4. Spoon about ¼ cup batter into skillet for each pancake; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbles form on top.
5. Flip with spatula and cook for 30 seconds.
6. Repeat with remaining batter.
7. Serve pancakes topped evenly with berries.
******Recipe in image serves 2 people